Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snow day

Yesterday's impromptu trip up to the mountains to see snow was a big success! The reason I say impromptu is there was with hardly any planning, we just decided to go on a whim. Sometimes it's nice to do things on the spur of the moment and let caution fly to the wind and that's exactly what we did. After a pleasant and relaxing 70 mile drive we arrived at soda Springs ski resort where we stopped at a lodge overlooking a frozen lake, the sheer beauty was unbelievable I felt like I was in a postcard! We let Lynelle run and play to her hearts content in the frozen landscape. I've never seen Lynelle so excited in my life as when she saw the snow, she proceeded to frolic and prance around like a puppy. After a while of playing solo a young woman who lives in the area brought her eight-month-old puppy and we let them play. They chase each other for what seemed like forever eventually they got out of sight and my panic stricken mom and young woman had to chase them down. I can't believe how much energy Lynelle had that day and how much she loves snow. Once the sun started to go down we went to a rustic restaurant bar where we enjoyed a hearty meal before we headed back down the hill in calm darkness. the only negative was the trip was Lynelle injured her paths on the hardpacked sharp ice like snow. It hasn't snowed up there for a couple weeks in the snow hardened. Her pads are red and sore from the rough surface and I feel terrible the poor baby! dogs heal quickly so I'm not too worried she'll be back to her old self very shortly. All in all it was a very nice trip and I can't wait to do it again only next time it will be after a snowstorm when the snow is nice and soft and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment