Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Overwhelming Support

Amy Bush my dear friend who put together the fundraiser got the surprised of her life when she walked into work yesterday. Sitting on her desk were over 80 checks, money orders, and letters. Apparently my article had touched the hearts of a enormous amount of wonderful people. I knew my article would have impact but I had no idea how big the impact would be. I am so touched by the outpouring of support and love I have received. With all those checks and money orders we were able to raise a grand total of $10,000 an amount that made my jaw drop and eyes pop out of my head. I thought it was dreaming when Amy told me how much love we have received. I have a newfound faith in humanity that I never thought was possible. From watching the news and other media you get the impression that the world is filled with awful people with no heart. Let me tell you that that is NOT true in any way shape or form there are plenty of decent, kind hearted, selfless individuals who really do care. Today I am tasked with writing thank you letters and all those individuals who helps us keep and repair our home. Life is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Mitch -

    That's just fantastic.

    I read your story online at the SacBee site, wrote about it a few places including my site, and was then given the link to this site by one of your Team Training classmates.

    You're in my RSS feeds now, so I'll be following you to see how things are going.

    I truly wish you all the best.

    Al

    ReplyDelete