Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Friday Night to Remember

You might not know this from reading any of my previous blogs but I have a love affair with American Idol, the best show ever made or it least it is in my opinion. What does this have to do with my Friday night? Well I got to see all the top 10 finalists give a performance of their life front of thousands of people at Arco Arena the legendary home of the Sacramento Kings. Okay they're not so legendary anymore but I wanted it to sound exciting lol. Anyway back to the story at hand. For my birthday this year my 24th birthday my generous loving mother purchased tickets for me, herself, and my little brother. The day of the concert started out pretty mundane and boring... my wheelchair needed an evaluation to see if it needed any repairs so it had to be brought to the shop without me in it and since I have no backup wheelchair that can adequately fit me I had to lay in bed the whole day, it felt just like I was back in the hospital except I knew by the end of that day I'd be in for a huge treat. My wheelchair finally made it back to my house at around 4:30 PM- that's right folks I spent that many hours in bed how fun. At five o'clock I was finally up and adam and ready to see the show of of lifetime and to see my favorite idol Adam Lambert perform. Our seats were way up in the stratosphere at the absolute highest point in the arena, from these seeds the performers look like ants moving about on stage, although they were nosebleed seats we still worth site just to be in the same room room with our favorite performers. When I first arrived at my seat I started to feel a little funky; I felt a little light headed. What sunds like a benign symptom can be a serious problem for someone that is on a ventilator... it could mean that I wasn't getting enough air or possibly too much air it's a very fine balance so I had to be checked out. My mom rushed downstairs to find a medic ad she was successful in her mission. After what seemed like an eternity my frantic mother returned with the medic who to my great surprise I recognized! She was of all people the woman who was one of the medics to respond to my mother's 911 call about we choking back in August of 2008. You could say he saved my life. anyways after we set our hellos he immediately got to work checking my oxygen saturation and heart rate with a portable monitor which simply slips onto my finger. Luckily everything checked out my 02 was that 97% a normal reading whew! I jokingly stated that the high-altitude of our seats cause what I was feeling and my mom and brother got a kick out of that.Now that everything was okay we proceeded to enjoy a fabulous show, I soon forgot about my lightheadedness and had an awesome time. I wouldn't let a little thing like my health keep me from having an enjoyable time, I have learned to just forge ahead when things get tough if I sat and dwelled on things I would miss out on a lot of opportunities that make life worth living. Luckily the lightheadedness faded about halfway through the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment